May 7, 2011

Spring, Spring, Spring!

I LOVE SPRING!! The warm weather has finally graced us with its presence in Provo (for now)! Here are a few random happenings during my end of winter/ beginning spring semester so far, and these are in horrible order due to freaking blogger confusion and editing...


Awkward pose time! Ignore my weird pose and horrible tired sunburned face, but we get a sweet chair we are babysitting for the summer for my former roommate Cory! It even swivels! We are pretty excited we got a cool piece of furniture to show off for a while. Also, notice the keyboard we inherited from my friend Hayley. We mostly just goof around with it, but its been fun so far...












Ok, when boys ask us to play soccer with them, how can we resist showin off our skillz?? And now currently our odd splotches of sun burn. (I'm pointing to my line on my head...also I had one arm that burned while the other did not, and just the back of my calves...so awkward!) At least the sun is even out though! We were so tired after, we went and got happy hour sonic slushes.





On April fools, we were dying to get in a good prank. An apartment full of good guy friends were talking about how they were in the middle of new Batman movies and how the were really intense. We took the idea from our good friends Ethan and Jason last year, who took our faces from a picture and "jokerfied them". We did the same for them and left it on their door to find while they were watching the movie. They still have know idea who it was, and have it currently displayed on their fridge :)





The day after Easter, I invited Todd and 2 friends to come eat with me because I had ham I needed to get rid of, and I really was in a service- for- family- and- friends type mood. I made a nice dinner, complete with these old frozen rolls I had in the fridge from when Becky stocked me up last fall. So they needed to be eaten before freezer burn! When I thawed them and then cooked them, for some reason, one roll was HUGE compared to all the other ones! It was just a moment that made me laugh when I pulled them out of the oven.





For Christy's 20th birthday in April, I hosted a birthday party! We had delicious cupcakes that were chocolate with peanut butter cream cheese frosting, with little peanut butter cups on top. It was very successful and I had everyone who came sign a big poser board that Christy loved! Man, I am such a good roommate ;)











This picture was supposed to be at the beginning of the post to show off that it is spring. This is a tree outside my complex that bloomed. It is so pretty and smells like perfume!













These were the cute little Easter baskets that I had the idea for to give to our visiting teaching girls for finals/ Easter. Vanesa, my roommate and companion, had perfect little snacks her mom had given her that she wasn't going to eat anyway, and I had gotten the baskets and candy for them. One of my proud and shining relief society-home makery moments :)






Sam's bridal shower! She looked awesome with her pink feather boa, and bridal crown and veil. I have a picture of her opening the present I got her, but I will spare you ;) I got to meet some fun girls there, as well as her sweet grandma.
I am so genuinely happy for her. I saw her other boyfriends growing up, and I am so glad she has one that appreciates and loves her and took her to the temple.






Ami's bridal shower! Haha, I had two in a row that week. Spring at BYU= hitchin' time!
This shower I helped plan and host somewhat. Loie was busy making food and needed her pinata to be finished, so Amy her roommate and I took on the task. We had so much fun secretly making it look hilarious and Loie didn't even see it until it was done! Of course, we made the ugly head removable in case she was mad, but everyone loved it! So it ended up staying. I feel like we should have named her...




Here she is, pathetically hanging on the tree...where her remnants stayed for a few days...














It was already busted, so we took turns throwing what we could in the air and hitting it like a bat and ball. My hit was awesome :)











I hope everyone is enjoying springtime. So far, Christy and I have been hosting a lot of parties. And now that the weather is warming up, we are playing lots of soccer, volleyball, and night games, and we are planning a camping trip for my birthday!! We also enjoy lounging around and wondering what to do with ourselves next...like we are currently ;)

2 comments:

Retep Graybeard said...

REALLY!!! ADD SOME NEW CONTENT. Some of us do not have a Facebarf page and are therefore not reading your everyday updates.

Retep Graybeard said...

That's it. You are off my reading list!