One pair of sparkly rainbow false eyelashes (I got mine at Smith's, aka Kroger). Makeup is pink and turquoise eye shadow, bright pink blush, pink lips, and of course, sparkles! If I would of had time, I would have done my nails all colors of the rainbow as well.

Next, you need one cheap baby pajama set that has rainbow unicorn attachments. I got mine at D.I. on the cheap and just cut off the unicorn parts. I wish I would have taken a picture of the mutilated pajamas outfit, it was pretty funny. Basically, you need a rainbow tail, a head that has a matching rainbow mane (the sparkly horn was a bonus), and of course, shiny wings! I also picked up a sheer pink long cloth-thing I found, it had sequined hearts all over it, and little ribbon bows on one side. I knew I wanted it, and I should have done something more creative with it, but since I was pressured for time, I just wrapped it around a modest white skirt. If I would of had more time, I would have printed the my little pony logo and taped it to me, with a little rainbow symbol to pin to my hip, and maybe even some face paint designs (like how the ponies are painted or something...) I added a yellow cami with a borrowed light purple shirt from my roommate so as to look girly, colorful and sparkly as much as possible (how else do you dress yourself as a pony...).
Finally, you enter the Halloween party as the finished product, Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony! This is me with my roommate as Jelly (her name is Jill, and her fiance is Jeff, so he was Jif peanut butter).
As goofy as I look, I thought it was a pretty big hit. I feel like anything retro is always appreciated at these parties.
Here are more pictures from the party if you want to see other people for more ideas. In these pictures: sailor girls, Edward scissor hands, breakfast, peanut butter and jelly, crazed brazil fan, mexican man, mystery woman, and goth rocker (which was really scary cause it was the straight laced eqp).

Some other ideas I liked that I saw there were Calvin and Hobbes, cowboy and indian (this was a couple), Syndrome from the incredibles, a gypsy who held a small orb like thing telling everyone their futures all night, and the wicked witches from Oz (one was from the "south" and had a fancy dress plus a cowboy hat on to be unique, the other was the typical green one from the west, etc.). I also had thought about being a mad scientist with my nerd glasses, roommates chemisty lab coat, crazy hair, and rubber boots.
I hope this post inspires those of you still wondering what to dress up as for Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment